1) E.D Sassoon and Company, a prominent Baghdadi Jewish industrial family, took over a mill which was in the primitive area of Thane in 1925. They renamed the company and named it after two noted members of the Board of Director's. Later a most prominent group from India X entered into negotiations with Sassoons. In 1944, X became the owner of this company and took charge of this fledgling enterprise that was the foundation of very famous brand in India. Id the X group and the company it acquired from the Sassoon?
- JK Group, Raymond
2) Virender Sehwag, Salman Khan and SRK were some of its brand ambassadors, recently it roped Nawazuddin Siddiqui as it's brand ambassador. Id the brand?
- Mayur Suitings
3) Id him & what did he gave to the racing world ?
- Sundarama Karivardhan, designed Formula Maruti open wheeled race car.
4) Johann Jacob, a German watch maker living in Switzerland, learned the Priestley's method of dripping sulfuric acid on to limestone to produce carbon dioxide gas and using his machinist's skill, became the first to develop a manufacturing process to artificially carbonate mineral water and it gave origin to ________ way back in 1780's and is still operating today as part of a larger company. Id the company which featured a real life veteran of British naval officer named Commander Whitehead in its adv in 1950's & 60's ?
5) Id this businessman and company he founded ?
- Narendra Bansal. Founded smartphones manufacturer, Intex technologies.
6) Journalist Romesh Thapar started an English language magazine, named Cross Roads which was banned being critical of Nehru Policies. Thaper challenged the ban in the SC which lifted the ban in 1951. This incident forced the Govt of India to bring some amendment in a Law. What was the amendment was all about?
- Government added the caveat to the right to freedom of speech.
7) It the airline by its crest?
- British Airways